Company DescriptionOur International wine selections are thoughtfully curated by our Certified Sommeliers. We seek out small family producers, many using organic and biodynamic practices. We pride ourselves on sharing our knowledge with our customers so please ask questions!Grab the best seat in town for people-watching on historic Third Street while you enjoy Sommelier-selected wines by the glass before or after dinner. Or order some small plates from one of our many great restaurant neighbors. You can also choose any bottle from our retail shelves to open for a low $10 service charge.Boutique doesn't mean expensive! We price match any big box liquor or grocery store items in the Fox Valley region . We offer a 5% discount on mixed cases of 6 or 10% off a full case of a single wine. We are happy to seek out special orders.Job DescriptionDuties
- Provide in-store assistance to customers
- Beer Buying
- Manage/Train Personnel
- Preparing daily register schedule
- Maintaining weekly time schedule for employees
- Assist and perform in-store wine tasting and education
- Coordinate Special Events
- Maintaining daily stock operations
- Inventory Management and store displays
- Cultivate and maintain relationships for reliable sales of everyday wine as well as allocated wine.
- Positive Customer Service Oriented Attitude Extremely Essential
- Self motivated and ability to multi-task
- Creative and "Out of the box thinking"
- Computer and polished writing skills are definite advantages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, any POS(point of sale) systems)
- Be a store 'key-holder' - open and/or close the store several nights a week, supervising sales and operations staff to make sure that policies are followed and responsibilities are carried out.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- 1-3 year retail wine and/or similar experience
- Possess passion for wine, beer, liquor and a desire to share this passion with others
- Independently motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Be comfortable "wearing a number of different hats" - multitasking to take care of your daily responsibilities while helping customers
- Know how to provide outstanding customer service
- Be able and willing to moving 50 pound boxes, when necessary
- Be computer literate
- Must be willing to work weekends and off hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.