Description of Essential Duties
- Assist the E & D and warehouse personnel with moving and organizing equipment.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, operations, branch and other managers.
- Drive a pick-up, flat bed, truck tractor, or other appropriate motor vehicle and to adhere to the applicable rules, polices and regulations of Safway, and any local, state or Federal (US DOT/FMCSA) regulatory agency.
- Ensure applicable safety equipment and appropriate documents are in the motor vehicle and are current/valid.
- Ensure that a motor vehicle is adequately maintained from a general housekeeping perspective (i.e. truck bed and cab cleaned/free from clutter/debris).
- Keep accurate time records (i.e. log books/DOT Driver Time Sheets) as they relate to the day's activities, such as motor vehicle inspections, loading/unloading, driving, break periods, and other applicable non-driving work activities.
- Perform and document routine motor vehicle, cargo securement, and equipment inspections.
- Report safety and/or mechanical issues or damaged equipment concerns to a supervisor.
- Safely handle and transport company equipment in a timely manner to company jobsites, warehouses, and yards.
- Safely operate forklifts as applicable.
- Various other duties as assigned by your supervisor or other management (branch, operation, job site) personnel.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records per CFR 49 Part 391.11(b)(2).
- Has a working knowledge of Safways products/equipment.
- If applicable, successfully complete the company's forklift training program(s).
- If tested positive within the last 3 years on any federally regulated drug or alcohol test, applicant must have completed the return-to-duty requirements as set forth in the Federal regulations per CFR 49 Part 382.309.
- Must be 21 years of age to operate commercial motor vehicles (CMV) with a single/combination gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 10,000 lbs.).
- Must be able to acquire a Federal DOT Medical Certificate, if applicable.
- Must meet the companys Driver Evaluation Criteria and protocols as established by the Corporate Safety Department.
- Previous experience in the construction industry desirable.
- Requires 1 to 3 years of driving experience and successful completion of a road test.
- Requires a valid driver's license for the vehicle to be driven.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma.
- Requires good oral and written skills to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
- Requires the ability to do basic math (9th grade level) for keeping track of inventory on the truck.
- Requires the ability to present a clean professional image.
- The employee may be required to sit or stand for extended hours and walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of scaffolding equipment
The employee will be expected to perform duties in all types of weather conditions which may at times include inclement conditions. He/she may also be exposed to airborne particles (dust and other debris) while working in the yard, warehouse or on a job site. The noise levels in the warehouse/yard may be moderate to loud.
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. BrandSafway is also an E-Verify participant.